Assist in mobilization/demobilization trucks for jobs, as directed. Assist operator in daily field/yard operations material handling other equipment operation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- With much supervision and little decision-making:
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Assist in the mobilization of drilling rigs and/or cone trucks for jobs as directed. Load drill pipe, mud and equipment.
- Assist driller/CPT operator in the operations of rig by handling drill pipe, mixing drill mud and handling casing and other equipment.
- Drive equipment to and from job location. Complete field assignments as directed.
- Familiar with and follow DOT and IFTA regulations.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Company safety rules and procedures.
- Assist in the cleaning of equipment after each job as directed and, as needed, clean equipment yard and perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform maintenance and cleaning of equipment and work area as directed.
- Meet all utilization goals as determined by Activity Center Manager or supervisor.
- Work in varying weather conditions.
- Physical requirements include standing, squatting and heavy lifting over long periods during workday as per the pre-placement Human Performance Evaluation.
- Work around potentially hazardous materials.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Work well while under supervision.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with Company safety rules and procedures.
- Good communication skills, including verbal, written and basic math skills.
- Must have current driver’s license with record in accordance with Company and DOT policies.
- Must be equipment oriented and understand mechanics.
- Must be in good physical condition, able to work in all weather conditions, and capable of wearing appropriate health and safety equipment, including but not limited to a respirator.
- Must be physically fit to work in strenuous manual labor position with possible hazardous waste exposure. Must able be able to meet physical parameters of DOT and Environmental (Type IV) physical.
- Must be able to complete OSHA course and appropriate refreshers and other safety courses by written exam.
- Required to lift heavy equipment and materials, often in excess of 100 lbs.
- Work in varying weather conditions.
- Background check
- Perform heavy work exerting up to 50 pounds of force constantly, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Most work performed outdoors in undeveloped areas.
- Driller Helper shall be capable of pushing a standard two-handle construction wheelbarrow loaded with a typical concrete sample for a distance of 40 feet.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the fieldwork environment varies, and can be loud when working around equipment. Additionally, the field environment can be dusty, windy, wet, cold, or hot depending on the time of year and work location. Driller Helper must be able to tolerate changing and adverse weathers conditions and working environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-year related experience or training preferred.
Job Type: Full-time:
- Salary: $12.00 to $13.00/hour
- We do background checks and check references.
- Hourly wage will depend on experience and level of productivity.
- A review will be given after six months.
Losaw Construction offers competitive wages and benefits:
- Bi-Weekly Pay Schedule
- Opportunity for advancement
- 1 week vacation
- 7 paid holidays
- $2,000 toward tuition reimbursement per year
- Workers Compensation
- $1,000 toward moving expenses
- 1 month free rent
Position Location: San Marcos, TX
Send your resume to email@example.com