We are looking for skilled carpenters who have experience in steel, concrete, rough and finished carpentry work, including cabinetry, to work with our residential team
- Practice proper site safety, construction, progress, quality control and keep a clean site
- Exceed client expectations for each project by understanding client needs, wants, preferences and culture
- Demonstrate and maintain effective and open dialogue with the project team
- Maintain and review punch list process to ensure all are addressed and executed in a timely manner
- Operate skid steer, excavator, reach forks, etc.
- 2 years Vocational Education or work experience as a carpenter in a commercial or residential setting, including rough and finished carpentry
- Experience in new construction as well as in remodeling and have overall general construction knowledge
- Background in either Concrete, Rough and Finish Carpentry
- Thorough knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment used in both rough and finished carpentry in both residential and commercial settings
- Ability to work from blueprints, specifications, drawings and instruction to design, build, remodel, retrofit, maintain and repair various types of areas and structures
- Knowledge of applicable building and safety codes requirements
- Must be a team player
- Review and execute from plan drawings
- Ability to cross-train trades
- Desire to learn new methods and materials
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs and ladders and general navigation of an area under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Position is full-time and pays $15-$18 per hour.
Losaw Construction offers competitive wages and benefits:
- Bi-Weekly Pay Schedule
- Opportunity for advancement
- 1 week vacation
- 7 paid holidays
- $2,000 toward tuition reimbursement per year
- Workers Compensation
- $1,000 toward moving expenses
- 1 month free rent
Position Location: San Marcos, TX.
Send your resume to email@example.com